Lawyers have an ethical obligation to protect information regarding their clients in an increasingly digital and connected world. Encryption protects data. So, why isn’t every lawyer using encryption? This presentation will explain encryption in layman’s terms as well as when and why you should be using it. This session will highlight easy to use and affordable encryption methods that will help you protect your client’s data and your practice.
This session will feature:
- The history of encryption
- The rules and laws around encryption, including the new ABA Opinion 477
- How modern encryption functions
- A guide to data encryption
- Case study and opportunity for questions
This webinar has been approved for 1.0 hour of General CLE Credit including 1.0 hour of Technology CLE Credit. Course Number: 2712