The following guidelines should be followed in preparing documents that will be attached to ePortal filings:
- Documents should be a standard size of 8 ½ x 11 inches as defined in RJA 2.520
- Documents should leave blank a 3 x 3 inch space at the top right-hand corner on the first page, and a 1 x 3 inch space at the top right-hand corner on each subsequent page, to accommodate statewide standard date/time stamps as defined in RJA 2.520
- Where possible, documents should be electronically signed as defined in AO 09-30, Standards for Electronic Access to the Courts
- Black and white, non-color documents are preferred
- Scanned documents should be at a resolution of 300 DPI as defined in the State of Florida Electronic Records and Records Management Practices
- Multiple pleadings, motions, etc. should not be combined into one single file; each individual document should be uploaded via the ePortal document submission process
- A deviation from these guidelines may result in the submitted filing being moved to a Pending Queue with the filer being notified via email and requested to correct the issue(s) with the document(s) and resubmit the filing
Electronic submission of documents outside the ePortal:
- For documents that exceed the 50 MB size limit or whose dimensions exceed the 8 ½ x 11 inch standard, electronic transmission should be accomplished using an electronic storage medium that the Clerk has the ability to accept, which may include a CD-ROM, flash drive, or similar storage medium as defined in SC11-399
- Documents that must be maintained in original form may be electronically filed through the ePortal but must also be deposited with the Clerk and maintained for safekeeping as defined in SC11-399. Examples include wills, codicils, deeds, verified and sworn documents, original paper judgments and sentences, etc. Questions regarding original documents should be directed to your local Clerk’s Office.
The above list of standards have been pulled from the Florida Courts E-Filing Portal Document Submission Standards. For the most current list please see this document.