Social networking platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat) are used by billions of people each day. It’s important to realize that while social media connects you with your friends, they can also increase your exposure to individuals with less-than-friendly intentions.
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself?
- Make sure your computer is protected with anti-virus software.
- Never assume you are in a trusted environment.
- Be cautious of how much personal information you make public.
- Be cautious of any third-party applications.
- Review all privacy policies.
- Keep all software up-to-date.
- Create strong, unique passwords.
- Be suspicious.
For More Information, please visit:
Cyber Tip of the Day from the Multi-State Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)