Simple Tips to Keep Your Mobile Device Secure
- Keep software up-to-date. If a vendor releases updates for the software operating your device, install them as soon as possible. Installing updates helps prevent attackers from being able to take advantage of known problems or vulnerabilities.
- Use a secure lock screen.
- Always use strong passwords, and select one that will be difficult for thieves to guess. Be sure to use different passwords for different programs and devices. Do not choose options that allow your device to remember your passwords.
- Keep sensitive information off of your mobile device.
For more information on securing mobile devices see:
- 7 Android Security Hacks You Need to Do Right Now
- 7 Ways to Improve Security on Your iOS Device
- Sophos: 5 Password Tips for Secure Mobile Devices
Cyber Tip of the Day from the Multi-State Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)