Cyber and data security remain a priority issue for The Florida Bar. Criminals are constantly searching for creative new ways to infiltrate law firms and and their clients through fraud and cybersecurity vulnerabilities. As clients rely more on electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and smartphones to interact with attorneys, vulnerabilities increase. PRI offers resources to help law firms prevent, identify, measure and report fraud, and to serve and protect clients and their data.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choosing a Cloud Storage Provider
Andrew Legrand, Founder, Spera Law Group, LLC, discusses considerations to make when selecting a cloud storage provider.
How can I safely share files with a client over the internet?
Chad Burton, CEO of CuroLegal and founder of Burton Law provides tips on how to safely and securely share files with clients over the internet.
What do I need to know about keeping my network secure?
Steve Hindle, Director – Global Security Operations for Sykes Enterprises provides tips on how to keep your network safe from hackers or other malicious attacks.
I am interviewing cloud providers. What questions should I ask?
Prashant Jacob, Account Executive for Clio provides tips on what you should look for when selecting a cloud provider for software or services.
As a service to our members and the public, The Florida Bar provides information about reported scams targeting lawyers, legal service providers and legal services consumers. The Bar does not have authority to investigate these scams. Fraud schemes may be reported to the Florida Office of the Attorney General, The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), or Federal Trade Commission.
- Email hack scam alert!
- Real Estate Wire Instructions Scams
- Beware Phishing Email With Subject: Your recent Chase payment notification
- Beware Phishing Email With Subject: Treat As Urgent…
- Beware Phishing Email With Subject: You have received a new voicemail
- DocuSign Phishing Campaign
- Florida Supreme Court warns of phone and email scams telling people to appear in state court or pay money to courts
- Fraudulent Email Alert – July 25, 2017
- Fraudulent Email Alert – November 30, 2016
- Fraudulent Email Alert – September 21, 2016
Security Awareness Tip of the Day
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Secure Your Mobile Device
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Safely Dispose of Old Computers
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Protect Yourself from Phishing Scams
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Protect Your Data
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Have A Backup Plan
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Use Unique Passwords
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: Beware of Rogue Anti-Virus Software
Security News and Resources
- Email hack scam alert!
- Reduce Your Stress in the New Year by Implementing These Firm Resolutions Now
- Protect Against Holiday E-Scams with Tips from PRI
- A Virtual Private Network (VPN) Can Help Ensure Your Client Data Remains Safe
- Enabling Two-Factor Authentication Can Help You Keep Client Data Safe
- Cybersecurity and Email Encryption 101 for Lawyers
- Reducing Litigation and Liability Risk for Attorneys
- Are You Adequately Protected from Cyberattacks?
- The Importance of Enabling Two-Factor Authentication (And Where to Get It)
- What Lawyers Need to Know About Password Managers
- Don’t Let Ransomware Hold Your Firm Hostage
- Security by Design for Law Firms
- 4 Things To Consider When Shopping For Law Practice Management Software
- Setting Up a New Computer
- How to Protect Your Networks from Ransomware: Technical Guidance Document
- Ransomware: What It Is and What To Do About It