Small Firm Reboot: Gearing Up for Efficiency and Success
Jan. 19, 2018—DoubleTree by Hilton at the entrance to Universal Orlando
Approved for 7.5 General CLE Credits (6.5 Technology & 1.0 Ethics)—Live (no webcast)
This one-day, two-part technology event is designed to improve your efficiency, productivity and profitability.
The program will provide practical, usable tips to benefit your practice—no matter what your level of technology experience. Solo & Small Firm Section member discounted registration is only $185 for both segments. Contact section administrator Ricky Libbert at [email protected] or (850) 561-5631. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Segment 1 – The Efficient Lawyer
- Getting the Most out of Microsoft. Tips for using Word and Outlook effectively.
9 – 9:50 a.m.—Adriana Linares
- Do I need Practice Management Software? Panel discussion by three practitioners who use different (or no) practice management software.
10 – 10:50 a.m.—Kevin Johnson, Zack Zuroweste, Barbara Leach
- “Day in the Life” Panel discussion featuring three tech-savvy practitioners on how they use technology on a daily basis.
11 – 11:50 a.m.—Liz McCausland, Renee Thompson, Gordon Glover
Lunch on Your Own: 11:50 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Segment 2 – The Successful Practice
- Technology Best Practices: Panel discussion focusing on higher-level concepts, systems
1:30 – 2:20 p.m.—Kevin Johnson, Teresa Byrd Morgan, Twyla Sketchley
- Ethics of Social Media for Small Firms.
2:30 – 3:20 p.m.—Judge Diana Tennis
- Data Security and Privacy: What every lawyer/firm needs to know and how to protect themselves.
3:30 – 4:20 p.m.—Adriana Linares
Reception: 5:00 p.m.
Attend either or both segments.